RTM DISTRICT 5 CANDIDATES — VOTE AT FAIRFIELD WARDE HIGH SCHOOL
335 Suburban Avenue
• 3rd Generation United States Military Member
• Supporter of veterans’ charities
• Longtime writer, blogger, and consultant
• First generation college graduate, passionate about providing opportunities for higher education to people from difficult circumstances
• Double B.A., Theater and Political Science, Purdue University, graduated in 3 years
• M.A., Public Relations, The George Washington University
• Married, 5 children, all active in the Fairfield community
• A reliable vote for wisely using our resources to keep Fairfield great.
130 Brookfield Avenu
• Fairfield resident for more than 25 years
• Small Business Owner and Managing Member of a Connecticut Registered Investment Adviser
• Former Member Board of Directors, Compensation Committee and Strategic Advisory Committee of The Allied Defense Group, Inc., a multinational defense company
• Graduate, McKinley Elementary School, Fairfield Woods Middle School, and Fairfield High School
• B.S. Mechanical Engineering, concentration in Aerospace Engineering, summa cum laude, The George Washington University. One year abroad, Oxford University, England.
• Experienced Investment Manager dedicated to disciplined capital allocation, financial accountability & investing for Fairfield’s future.
324 Villa Avenue
• Fairfield resident for 36 years
• Incumbent RTM Representative since 2009
• Chairman, RTM Education & Recreation Committee
• Secretary, Senior & Disabled Tax Relief Committee
• RTM Liaison, Fairfield Ludlowe HS Building Committee
• 2014 Candidate, CT State Representative, 133rd District
• Former Member, Zoning Board of Appeals
• Former High School Teacher, CT and NY
• Certified Fundraising Executive with 30 years experience as a Nonprofit Administrator
• Recipient, U.S. Small Business Administration “CT’s Women in Business Advocate 1995”
• Lifetime Member, American Association of University Women
• Volunteer and Board Member, Various Charitable Organizations, Local, State, and National
• B.S., English//Social Studies, Rhode Island College; M.A., Public
. Administration, Minnesota State University
. • 4 Children, 11 Grandchildren
WE ARE STANDING UP FOR YOU,
ADDRESSING THE TOUGH ISSUES
AND WE ARE FOCUSED ON
THE FUTURE OF FAIRFIELD
TAXES: First Selectman Mike Tetreau’s proposed budgets would have increased your property taxes by more than 14% over the past 4 years. As RTM Representatives, we have worked across party lines to cut that tax increase in half, while maintaining Town services. We will continue to advocate for a zero-based budgeting approach across Town departments to drive efficiencies and taxpayer savings.
A GOVERNMENT THAT WORKS FOR THE PEOPLE: It should not take several years for residents to once again enjoy the use of the Penfield Pavilion, a historic beachfront Town asset. As RTM Representatives, we will continue to ask the tough questions to get this facility open again at a cost that is respectful to the taxpayer.
BUSINESS RETENTION & ECONOMIC GROWTH: We must create an attractive environment to keep businesses in Fairfield and stand up against the harmful tax policies of Governor Malloy. We support the expansion of our commercial tax base and the development of areas such as the Commerce Drive Corridor to reduce the tax burden on residential homeowners.
SENIOR TAX RELIEF: We will continue to support the senior tax relief program so that we can keep our seniors in Fairfield.
EDUCATION: We will continue to support Fairfield’s excellent education system, encouraging local control with an eye toward supporting our teachers and funding programming in the classroom.
Learn More About All Your Republican RTM Candidates!